Hello, my name is Blake Wayson and I grew up right here in the Cedar Valley. I attended Luther College receiving a degree in Biology. I went on after Luther to attend the birthplace and fountainhead of Chiropractic, Palmer College in Davenport. We as Iowans are very lucky to have such a great school and the birthplace of the Chiropractic profession here in our own backyard.
While attending Luther I played on the football team. One day during practice I got hit awkwardly in the head and felt tightness in my neck, things just didn’t feel right. I knew a few other players on the team had been seeing a local Chiropractor and had success, so I thought I would give it a try. Although I had never been to a Chiropractor and really knew nothing about it, I was
excited at the prospect of feeling better. I soon learned that Chiropractic is more than just low back pain, it involves the entire body, and its benefits are far-reaching. After learning more about Chiropractic, and experiencing great results, I decided to make Chiropractic my life’s ambition. I saw how well the body responded to Chiropractic adjustments and how it greatly affected peoples health and overall well-being.
Of course, I couldn’t keep this newfound passion to myself, I had to share it with others. Soon after I began getting adjustments, my future wife, Jennifer, started getting adjusted. It was amazing, the low back pain she had experienced since a softball collision in high school was gone. I always had very bad allergies growing up and would get sinus infections two or three times a year, now I haven’t had a single one in years! It has been nearly 10 years since those first few adjustments and both of us continue to lead drug-free, pain-free, and healthy lives. I could go on and on with amazing stories from my family and friends, Chiropractic has truly been a blessing in our lives.
We look forward to bringing these same benefits to you and your family.
Get to Know Dr. Wayson
- What do I like most about my specialty? Seeing many different patients and conditions over the years and how the body has the ability to heal itself without invasive drugs or surgery. I continue to be amazed at the ability and complexity of the human body.
- If I weren’t a DC, what would I be? If I weren’t a DC I would probably be a farmer, working with my father and brother. I enjoy working outdoors and the hard work that is demanded of farm life. On my off days I help out whenever I can with the family farm.
- What do I find most rewarding about working with patients? What is most rewarding to me is seeing patients get the big idea about health and how their body truly functions. When they realize true health and well-being comes from within them, not in a pill or bottle, is very exciting. Nature needs no help, just no interference!
- Favorite quote or saying: “But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge.” Psalm 73:28
- Favorite pastime or hobby: Spending time with my wife and 3 children first and foremost. I am also passionate about fishing, sports, and spending time outdoors with family and friends.
- What does it mean to me to be a Chiropractor? I feel very privileged to be able to care for people with a natural form of health care. To be able to see and facilitate the results I witness on a daily basis is nothing short of a miracle.
I grew up in Urbandale, Iowa and attended UNI before going to Palmer College of Chiropractic in lovely Davenport IA. It was there that I got involved with the Gonstead Club and the Troxel Intern Program, where I later became an intern and finished my career there as the Head Intern. I cannot explain the value of what I learned through Gonstead doctors and the Intern Program in teaching me the Gonstead System.
Getting to know Dr. Fever
- What do I like most about my specialty? My desire and what I strive for in practice every day is getting people well through specific chiropractic care. I believe I get to wake up every morning and go to the best job in the world. I love being passionate about what we do and educating people about their God given ability to let the body heal itself.
- Favorite pasttime or hobby: My wife, Stephanie, and I keep pretty busy with our two kiddos. We are active in our church and community. I personally enjoy wrestling with my kids, teaching them sports, CrossFit, spending time with my wife, and anything outdoors.
- What does it mean to me to be a chiropractor? Chiropractic care is my family’s health care. My passion is getting people well with chiropractic care. I would love to have an opportunity to meet you and talk about how we can fit chiropractic into your health equation.